Re: Emit a warning if the extension's GUC is set incorrectly

От Shinya Kato
Тема Re: Emit a warning if the extension's GUC is set incorrectly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-12-17 15:42, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 17.12.21 03:25, Shinya Kato wrote:
>> For now, I'v attached the patch that fixed the compilation error.
>
> I think it would be good if you could split the uncontroversial new
> EmitErrorsOnPlaceholders() calls into a separate patch.  And please
> add an explanation what exactly the rest of the patch changes.

Thank you for the comment!
I splitted the patch.

- v6-01-Add-EmitWarningsOnPlaceholders.patch
We should use EmitWarningsOnPlaceholders when we use
DefineCustomXXXVariable.
I don't think there is any room for debate.

- v6-0002-Change-error-level-of-EmitWarningsOnPlaceholders.patch
This is a patch to change the error level of EmitWarningsOnPlaceholders
from WARNING to ERROR.
I think it's OK to emit ERROR as well as when the wrong GUC is set for
non-extensions, or since it does not behave abnormally, it can be left
as WARNING.
Thought?

- v6-0003-Emit-error-when-invalid-extensions-GUCs-are-set.patch
This is a patch to emit error when invalid extension's GUCs are set.
No test changes have been made, so the regression test will fail.
I have created a patch, but I don't think this is necessary because of
the previous discussion.

--
Regards,

--