Re: Enforce primary key on every table during dev?

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Enforce primary key on every table during dev?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 28/02/2018 15:34, Jeremy Finzel wrote:
> We want to enforce a policy, partly just to protect those who might forget, for every table in a particular schema to
havea primary key.  This can't be done with event triggers as far as I can see,

> because it is quite legitimate to do:
>
> BEGIN;
> CREATE TABLE foo (id int);
> ALTER TABLE foo ADD PRIMARY KEY (id);
> COMMIT;
>
> It would be nice to have some kind of "deferrable event trigger" or some way to enforce that no transaction commits
whichadded a table without a primary key.

> Any ideas?
cron job to check for tables without PK ? Although for a short period the offending table would be there live without a
PK.
But IMO every table, in addition to PK, should have also natural unique keys as much as possible.
Better safe than sorry.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

От: Jeremy Finzel
Сообщение: Enforce primary key on every table during dev?
От: John McKown
Сообщение: Re: Enforce primary key on every table during dev?