Re: How am I supposed to fix this?

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: How am I supposed to fix this?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/06/2019 1:16 pm, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 11:11 AM Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> wrote:
>> As a followup, btcheck found another index that had issues, and a
>> toast
>> table was missing a chunk.
>>
>> I have ALL the data I used to create this table still around so I just
>> dropped it and am reloading the data.
>
> It sounds like there is a generic storage issue at play here. Often
> TOAST data is the apparent first thing that gets corrupted, because
> that's only because the inconsistencies are relatively obvious.
>
> I suggest that you rerun amcheck using the same query, though this
> time specify "heapallindexed=true" to bt_check_index(). Increase
> maintenance_work_mem if it's set to a low value first (ideally you can
> crank it up to 600MB). This type of verification will take a lot
> longer, but will find more subtle inconsistencies that could easily be
> missed.
>
> Please let us know how this goes. I am always keen to hear about how
> much the tooling helps in the real world.

I've already dropped and re-created the table involved (a metric crapton
of DNS queries). I know why and how this happened as well.  I had to
fully restore my system, and bacula didn't catch all the data etc since
it
was being modified, and I didn't do the smart thing then and restore
from a pg_dump.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Dr, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106