Re: [GENERAL] Installing repmgr alongside PostgreSQL installed viaEnterpriseDB installer instead of repositories?

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Installing repmgr alongside PostgreSQL installed viaEnterpriseDB installer instead of repositories?
Дата
Ответ на [GENERAL] Installing repmgr alongside PostgreSQL installed via EnterpriseDBinstaller instead of repositories?  (Martin Goodson <kaemaril@googlemail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Am 11.05.2017 um 15:58 schrieb Martin Goodson:
Hello. First time poster, so please be gentle :)

I have a PostgreSQL 9.6 database cluster running on a standalone Redhat 7.2 (Maipo) server.

This may seem like a silly question. It probably *is* a silly question, so apologies in advance.

PostgreSQL was installed using the "EDB Postgres Standard" installer from EnterpriseDB - https://www.enterprisedb.com/software-downloads-postgres - and installed to a specific location - /db_<dbname>.  No repositories, nothing in a 'standard' place.

I have now been tasked with putting repmgr onto this box and converting it from a standalone to a multiple node setup (I have two additional servers lurking in the background ready for use :) ).

Numerous articles on repmgr all seem to suggest it should be a relatively simply operation once the software is in place. Register the master. Clone standbys. Ought to be *relatively* straight-forward.

Unfortunately, I'm having problems at the first hurdle - putting the software in place. We initially tried installing from the postgres repository rpm - which insisted, of course, on installing PostgreSQL as well as repmgr in /usr/pgsql-9.6. Obviously not the right place for it given we're running our binaries from /db_dbname/app/postgres/9.6.2-3/bin

Is there a simple way to use repmgr from the package, perhaps by copying/linking files from that location to ours? (e.g. copying/linking some files from lib, bin, contrib, etc).

I think, repmgr *should* work with EDB-Version of PostgreSQL. You can set pg_bindir in repmgr.conf. I would also suggest create symlinks in /etc to the repmgr.conf.

Btw.: you also set

service_start_command
service_stop_command
service_restart_command
service_reload_command
service_promote_command

Keep me informed if that works, thx.

Andreas
--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Installing repmgr alongside PostgreSQL installed viaEnterpriseDB installer instead of repositories?