Re: generate_series for timestamptz and time zone problem

От Przemysław Sztoch
Тема Re: generate_series for timestamptz and time zone problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Przemysław Sztoch wrote on 14.06.2022 21:46:
Tom Lane wrote on 14.06.2022 15:43:
Przemysław Sztoch <przemyslaw@sztoch.pl> writes:
Please let me know what is the convention (procedure) of adding new
functions to pg_proc. Specifically how oid is allocated.
See
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/system-catalog-initial-data.html#SYSTEM-CATALOG-OID-ASSIGNMENT
(you should probably read that whole chapter for context).
Thx.

There is another patch.
It works, but one thing is wrongly done because I lack knowledge.

Where I'm using DirectFunctionCall3 I need to pass the timezone name, but I'm using cstring_to_text and I'm pretty sure there's a memory leak here. But I need help to fix this.
I don't know how best to store the timezone in the generate_series context. Please, help.
Please give me feedback on how to properly store the timezone name in the function context structure. I can't finish my work without it.

Additionally, I added a new variant of the date_trunc function that takes intervals as an argument.
It enables functionality similar to date_bin, but supports monthly, quarterly, annual, etc. periods.
In addition, it is resistant to the problems of different time zones and daylight saving time (DST).

--
Przemysław Sztoch | Mobile +48 509 99 00 66
Вложения