Re: Improve TAP tests of pg_upgrade for cross-version tests

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Improve TAP tests of pg_upgrade for cross-version tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-06-13 Mo 03:51, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 05:58:54PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 2022-06-12 Su 10:14, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> I tried in fb16d2c658 to avoid littering the mainline code with
>>> version-specific tests, and put that in the methods in the subclasses
>>> that override the mainline functions.
> Except that manipulating the diffs of pg_upgrade is not something that
> needs to be internal to the subclasses where we set up the nodes :)
>
>> I think I must have been insufficiently caffeinated when I wrote this,
>> because clearly I was not reading correctly.
>>
>> I have had another look and the patch looks fine, although I haven't
>> tested it.
> I have a question about the tests done in the buildfarm though.  Do
> the dumps from the older versions drop some of the objects that cause
> the diffs in the dumps?  At which extent is that a dump from
> installcheck?

See lines 324..347 (save stage) and 426..586 (upgrade stage) of
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/blob/main/PGBuild/Modules/TestUpgradeXversion.pm>

We save the cluster to be upgraded after all the installcheck stages
have run, so on crake here's the list of databases upgraded for HEAD:

postgres
template1
template0
contrib_regression_pgxml
contrib_regression_bool_plperl
contrib_regression_hstore_plperl
contrib_regression_jsonb_plperl
regression
contrib_regression_redis_fdw
contrib_regression_file_textarray_fdw
isolation_regression
pl_regression_plpgsql
contrib_regression_hstore_plpython3
pl_regression_plperl
pl_regression_plpython3
pl_regression_pltcl
contrib_regression_adminpack
contrib_regression_amcheck
contrib_regression_bloom
contrib_regression_btree_gin
contrib_regression_btree_gist
contrib_regression_citext
contrib_regression_cube
contrib_regression_dblink
contrib_regression_dict_int
contrib_regression_dict_xsyn
contrib_regression_earthdistance
contrib_regression_file_fdw
contrib_regression_fuzzystrmatch
contrib_regression_hstore
contrib_regression__int
contrib_regression_isn
contrib_regression_lo
contrib_regression_ltree
contrib_regression_pageinspect
contrib_regression_passwordcheck
contrib_regression_pg_surgery
contrib_regression_pg_trgm
contrib_regression_pgstattuple
contrib_regression_pg_visibility
contrib_regression_postgres_fdw
contrib_regression_seg
contrib_regression_tablefunc
contrib_regression_tsm_system_rows
contrib_regression_tsm_system_time
contrib_regression_unaccent
contrib_regression_pgcrypto
contrib_regression_uuid-ossp
contrib_regression_jsonb_plpython3
contrib_regression_ltree_plpython3
isolation_regression_summarization-and-inprogress-insertion
isolation_regression_delay_execution
contrib_regression_dummy_index_am
contrib_regression_dummy_seclabel
contrib_regression_plsample