Re: question about sql comments in postgresql server logs

От Tim Clarke
Тема Re: question about sql comments in postgresql server logs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/08/2021 20:08, Alan Stange wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In order to track down some bugs, we thought it would be useful to
> append some comments to the sql being sent to postgresql like this:
>      select foo from bar   -- a comment with some metadata
> however, the postgresql server was not including the appended comment in
> the log file.
>
> If we instead sent
>      select foo from /* a comment with some metadata */ bar
> then the comment was included in the server log file as we had hoped.
>
> Is there some way can get the statement as sent to the server emitted
> into the log file in a case like this?   I looked through the server
> documentation and don't see an option that would clearly alter this
> behavior.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alan

Raise info?

Tim Clarke MBCS
IT Director
Direct: +44 (0)1376 504510 | Mobile: +44 (0)7887 563420

Telephone: Witham: +44(0)1376 503500 | London: +44 (0)20 3009 0853 | Frankfurt: +49 (0)69 7191 6000 | Hong Kong: +852
58031687 | Toronto: +1 647 503 2848

Web: https://www.manifest.co.uk/

Minerva Analytics Ltd - A Solactive Company
9 Freebournes Court | Newland Street | Witham | Essex | CM8 2BL | United Kingdom

Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the named addressee
youmust not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to
admin@minerva.info<mailto:admin@minerva.info>
Legal: Minerva Analytics is the trading name of: Minerva Analytics Ltd: Registered in England Number 11260966 & The
ManifestVoting Agency Ltd: Registered in England Number 2920820 Registered Office at above address. Please Click Here
https://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/for further information.