Re: Max File size per Table (1G limit??)

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Max File size per Table (1G limit??)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/3/07, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> wrote:
> I just browsed to my $PGDATA location and noticed that there are some
> tables which has ending of .1
>
> # ls -lahS | egrep '(24694|24702|24926)'
> -rw------- 1 postgres postgres 1.0G Sep  3 22:56 24694
> -rw------- 1 postgres postgres 1.0G Sep  3 22:52 24702
> -rw------- 1 postgres postgres 1.0G Sep  3 22:58 24926
> -rw------- 1 postgres postgres 800M Sep  3 22:57 24694.1
> -rw------- 1 postgres postgres 161M Sep  3 22:52 24702.1
> -rw------- 1 postgres postgres  12M Sep  3 22:58 24926.1
>
> I'm wondering what are these since I've not set up table partitioning
> just yet.

postgres uses datafiles from up to 1GB, if a table has more data than
that limit then postgres creates more files.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/storage-file-layout.html

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning."
                                       Richard Cook

Сообщение: Re: Symlinking (specific) tables to different Drives
Сообщение: Re: Symlinking (specific) tables to different Drives