Re: Reviewing temp_tablespaces GUC patch

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Reviewing temp_tablespaces GUC patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/25/07, Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de> wrote:
> --On Freitag, Mai 25, 2007 00:02:06 +0000 Jaime Casanova
> <systemguards@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> > sounds good. can we see the new patch?
>
> Attached tablespace.c.diff shows my current changes to use an OID  lookup
> list.

+       if (source >= PGC_S_INTERACTIVE && IsTransactionState())
+       {
+           /*
+            * Verify that all the names are valid tablespace names
+            * We do not check for USAGE rights should we?
+            */
+           Oid cur_tblspc = get_tablespace_oid(curname);
+           if (cur_tblspc == InvalidOid)
+           {
+               ereport((source == PGC_S_TEST) ? NOTICE : ERROR,
+                       (errcode(ERRCODE_UNDEFINED_OBJECT),
+                        errmsg("tablespace \"%s\" does not exist", curname)));
+           }
+           else
+           {
+               /*
+                * Append new OID to temporary list. We can't
+                * use the lookup table directly, because there could
+                * be an ereport() in subsequent loops.
+                */
+               oidlist = lappend_oid(oidlist, cur_tblspc);
+           }
+       }

the list of oid's is only filled when you execute
SET temp_tablespaces = 'somelist'

but if you use the GUC in postgresql.conf at startup then not, so the
temp_tablespaces are not used even if they are setted

can you do that outside
+       if (source >= PGC_S_INTERACTIVE && IsTransactionState())

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning."                                      Richard Cook