Updateable views was:(Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for SYNONYMS)

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Updateable views was:(Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for SYNONYMS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Eh?  I thought that it was just syntatic sugar that was missing.   I've
> > built lots of updatable views manually; I don't see what's difficult about
> > it.
>
> I think you'll find that corner cases like inserts involving nextval()
> don't work real well with a rule-based updatable view.  But perhaps I'm
> just scarred by the many complaints we've had about rules.  With a plain
> unconditional DO INSTEAD rule it might be OK ...
>
>                        regards, tom lane

the last time i talk with Bernd Helmle, he was preparing the code to
send to patches for discussion... that was two months ago...

the current code had problems with casts and i think with domains too...

i will contact with Bernd to know if he did some more work, if not i
can send to patches the latest path he sent me...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

"What they (MySQL) lose in usability, they gain back in benchmarks, and that's
all that matters: getting the wrong answer really fast."                          Randal L. Schwartz

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from