RE: Parallel copy

От Hou, Zhijie
Тема RE: Parallel copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

> Yes this optimization can be done, I will handle this in the next patch
> set.

I have a suggestion for the parallel safety-check.

As designed, The leader does not participate in the insertion of data.
If User use (PARALLEL 1), there is only one worker process which will do the insertion.

IMO, we can skip some of the safety-check in this case, becase the safety-check is to limit parallel insert.
(except temporary table or ...)

So, how about checking (PARALLEL 1) separately ?
Although it looks a bit complicated, But (PARALLEL 1) do have a good performance improvement.

Best regards,
houzj