Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 10 (latest beta) and older ICU

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 10 (latest beta) and older ICU
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/1/17 02:12, Victor Wagner wrote:
>> We are only calling uloc_toLanguageTag() with keyword/value
>> combinations that ICU itself previously told us were supported.  So
>> just ignoring errors doesn't seem proper in this case.
>>
> We know that this version of ICU is broken. But what choice we have?

I don't know that we can already reach that conclusion.  Maybe the APIs
have changed or we are not using them correctly.  Are there any bug
reports or changelog entries related to this?  I don't think we should
just give up and ignore errors.