Re: [Win2k - Version 8.0.2] - StartupMessage Format Question

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: [Win2k - Version 8.0.2] - StartupMessage Format Question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On May 14, 2005, at 8:04 PM, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

> I don't know where to go with this question.
> If this is the wrong place, please disregard.
>
> I'm trying to learn more about how to connect to the backend with
> perl, not using DBI, just
> straight perl (pure perl).  I feel like an idiot asking this question,
> but I don't seem to
> understand what the "zero byte" terminator is.  What is the equivalent
> ASCII character?  Or is perl
> unable to process this "zero byte" terminator?

The equivalent ASCII character is NULL, a non-printable character with
ASCII code 0.

So in your hex dump you should have 00 after each string. Looks like
you have a space (20)

75 73 65 72 20 70 6F 73  ..."....user pos

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Сообщение: Re: [Win2k - Version 8.0.2] - StartupMessage Format Question
Сообщение: Re: [Win2k - Version 8.0.2] - StartupMessage Format Question