Please help, can't figure out what's wrong with this function...

От Moritz Bayer
Тема Please help, can't figure out what's wrong with this function...
Дата
Re: Please help, can't figure out what's wrong with this function...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hello group,

I 've written the following function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "public"."getstadtlandflussentrybyid" (integer) RETURNS SETOF "public"."ty_stadtlandflussentry" AS'
DECLARE objReturn ty_stadtlandflussentry;
DECLARE iid  integer;
BEGIN
        iid := $1;
        for objReturn IN
           SELECT ste_id, ste_type, ste_name, ste_firstwrongname, ste_secondwrongname, ste_description, ste_online
           FROM tbl_stadtlandflussentry WHERE ste_id=iid
           loop
                 RETURN next objReturn;
        END LOOP;
        RETURN;
END;
'LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE CALLED ON NULL INPUT SECURITY INVOKER;

When I try to execute the function by calling

SELECT getstadtlandflussentrybyid(1);

I get the following error:
ERROR:  missing .. at end of SQL expression

I haven't figured out what this message wants to tell me and why it is thrown at all.

Maybe someone can give me a hint,

Thanks in advance,
Moritz

PS: the function should run under postgres 7.4 and created the following type:
CREATE TYPE "public"."ty_stadtlandflussentry" AS (
  "ste_id" BIGINT,
  "ste_type" INTEGER,
  "ste_name" VARCHAR(100),
  "ste_firstwrongname" VARCHAR(100),