Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL

От Ron
Тема Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL
Дата
Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL  (Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
The Percona fork of MySQL makes active-active clustering very simple to set up.

On 3/12/19 9:10 AM, Benedict Holland wrote:
MySQL isn't ACID. Postgresql is a full-featured database that doesn't allow injection. It is very safe and secure. Also, the way that PostgreSQL has a much better user management system and database/table level access ACLs.

Basically, you just asked a bunch of people who have used  PostgreSQL over MySQL why PostgerSQL is better. It is just better. The only time that MySQL might be better is if you have a very simple website and you want a SQL backend. For anything else, PostgreSQL is infinitely better.

Thanks,
~Ben

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 5:34 AM Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Laurenz Albe schrieb am 12.03.2019 um 10:05:
>> Also MySQL has a query cache that allows the results of very common queries to be much faster.
>
> I have used that feature, and it has bitten me:
> https://stackoverflow.com/q/44244482/6464308

Note that the query cache was removed in MySQL 8.0 (don't know about MariaDB)