Re: 'no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user "postgres", database "postgres"'...

От Kynn Jones
Тема Re: 'no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user "postgres", database "postgres"'...
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Kynn Jones <kynnjo@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Kynn Jones <kynnjo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> as the postgres user, I get the error
>>> psql: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user "postgres",
>>> database "postgres", SSL off

>> What do all the lines look like together?

> The uncommented lines are:

> local   all     yours_truly        password
> host    all     yours_truly        0.0.0.1/0            md5
> host    all     yours_truly        ::1/128              md5
> local  all     all             ident sameuser

That connection should certainly match the last line, and maybe the first
too; but it didn't find a match at all.  I conclude that this file isn't
actually what's driving the postmaster --- you are looking at the wrong
file, or you changed it and forgot to SIGHUP the postmaster, or you're
connecting to some other postmaster altogether, or some other mistake
not visible in the terms of this discussion.

Is there a general way to get positive confirmation that a particular pg_hba.conf has been re-read upon bouncing the server with

kill -HUP <PID>

?

TIA!

Kynn

Сообщение: Re: pgSql authentication problem with openLdap
Сообщение: Re: pgSql authentication problem with openLdap