Re: ISO TESTS for a Pg lexer+parser

От Kynn Jones
Тема Re: ISO TESTS for a Pg lexer+parser
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/6/07, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Kynn Jones (kynnjo@gmail.com) wrote:
> > Hi!  I am in the process of writing a PostgreSQL lexer/parser in Perl,
> > because everything else I've found in this area is too buggy.  I'm
> > basing this lexer/parser on the lexer and parser encoded respectively
> > in scan.l and gram.y under src/backend/parser.
> >
> > I'm looking for a solid collection of test cases to test my
> > lexer/parser.  (I'm hoping that such a collection has already been
> > produced to test the PostgreSQL yacc-generated parser that comes with
> > the PostgreSQL distribution.)

> ...PG's got a regression test suite that
> would probably work decently for testing your lexer/parser.

I found a test suite under

src/test/regress

(thanks to Dann Corbit for the path), but as far as I can tell those
tests exercise only the parser.  Maybe the authors figured that the
lexer would be tested sufficiently, albeit indirectly, through the
tests of the parser?

If I've missed something, I'd be very grateful if someone could tell
me which files in this test suite are devoted to testing the lexer
specifically.

TIA!

kj