Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cacheentries

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cacheentries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/14/2017 12:06 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 2017-01-13 17:58:41 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> But, again, the catcache isn't the only source of per-process bloat
>> and I'm not even sure it's the main one.  A more holistic approach
>> might be called for.
>
> It'd be helpful if we'd find a way to make it easy to get statistics
> about the size of various caches in production systems. Right now
> that's kinda hard, resulting in us having to make a lot of
> guesses...

What about a simple C extension, that could inspect those caches?
Assuming it could be loaded into a single backend, that should be
relatively acceptable way (compared to loading it to all backends using
shared_preload_libraries).