Re: Server Side PL support

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Server Side PL support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Pl/Java (the JNI version) will utilize a class loader that uses tables
in the SQLJ schema. Java has a fairly extensive mechanism for "module"

The Java standard came up with an idea that I think is pretty neat that
other pl<lang>'s might use. When a module (a jar file) is initially loaded
into the database, it may contain a deployment descriptor that contains SQL
statements that will be executed. Typically those statements creates
functions, grants access etc. A corresponding descriptor exists for unload.

Regarding the lib<language>.so as such, I think it would be very nice if
PostgreSQL followed the standard and prepended "lib" to the library name on
a Unix machine (I want the SQL create statement for the module should refer
to "pljava" regardless of operating system). I can't name the library
pljava.so on Unix since the Java loader will expect the standard name.

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren