Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE
Дата
Список pgsql-general

---------+---------+-----------+-----------+-------------+------------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------
>   plperlu | 1.0     | t         | t         | f           | pg_catalog |          | PL/PerlU untrusted procedural
language
>   dblink  | 1.2     | t         | t         | t           |            |          | connect to other PostgreSQL
databasesfrom within a database

>   plpgsql | 1.0     | t         | f         | f           | pg_catalog |          | PL/pgSQL procedural language
>   plperl  | 1.0     | t         | f         | f           | pg_catalog |          | PL/Perl procedural language
> (4 rows)
>
> postgres=# drop extension plpythonu ;
> DROP EXTENSION
> postgres=# create extension plpython3u ;
> CREATE EXTENSION
>
> The "plpython" and "plpython3u" for the drop and create extension statements came by entering "plpy" and then
pressingtab. So PostgreSQL knew about them. Still, as you can see, I could drop pypythonu again though it did not
appearin the query. After the create extension, it appears as it should:

------------+---------+-----------+-----------+-------------+------------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------
>   plperlu    | 1.0     | t         | t         | f           | pg_catalog |          | PL/PerlU untrusted procedural
language
>   dblink     | 1.2     | t         | t         | t           |            |          | connect to other PostgreSQL
databasesfrom within a database

>   plpython3u | 1.0     | t         | t         | f           | pg_catalog |          | PL/Python3U untrusted
procedurallanguage

>   plpgsql    | 1.0     | t         | f         | f           | pg_catalog |          | PL/pgSQL procedural language
>   plperl     | 1.0     | t         | f         | f           | pg_catalog |          | PL/Perl procedural language
> (5 rows)
>
> Is this a bug in 12.4 not showing the extension?

Could it be that at some point in these instances history plpython*
where installed as CREATE LANGUAGE and you are dealing with the vestiges
of that?

Are you able to go back and reconstruct them and then do \dL (languages)
and \dx (extensions)?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?
От: Paul Förster
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE