Re: PORT 5432 ERROR

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PORT 5432 ERROR
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/31/23 16:18, David Beck wrote:
> I am receiving an error when I enter the server port number to listen
> to—installed on all available versions, both 32-bit and 64-bit when
> applicable, even the latest version, 15.3 x64 for Windows. I downloaded
> the latest version as an example, and as I was told, I used the 5432
> port as the default port needed. I get a pop-up afterward saying,
> "Warning: The specified port number is not available. Please enter a
> different port number," than roadblocks at entering the default port
> number. I found port 5434 available though it locks at a loading screen
> though the server list tree spins eternally.

I'm going to bet you installed Postgres using the EDB installer and the
issue is with pgAdmin4. This is a bug in the installer, see various
threads here:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

> Any solution or assistance would be appreciated.

The solution is to uninstall just pgAdmin4 and reinstall directly from

https://www.pgadmin.org/download/

An installer fix seems to be out:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFOhELf4BZB-ujS%3Da1LSjxU7qVJoz%3DqT9se4hEzbhzqJEsAooQ%40mail.gmail.com

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: error: connection to server on socket...
Сообщение: Re: error: connection to server on socket...