Re: Long running query causing XID limit breach

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Long running query causing XID limit breach
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2024-06-05 at 13:09 +0530, sud wrote:
> > > One follow up question i have , as we are setting one of the standby/replica
> > > with value idle_in_transaction_session_timeout=-1 which can cause the WAL's
> > > to be heavily backlogged in a scenario where we have a query running for very
> > > long time on that instance. So in that case will there be chances of instance
> > > restart and if that can be avoided anyway?
>
> My apologies. I was meant to say setting up "max_standby_streaming_delay" To -1.
> Which means unlimited lag.

There should never be a restart unless you perform one or the standby crashes.
If you mean that you want to avoid a crash caused by a full disk on the standby,
the answer is probably "no".  Make sure that you have enough disk space and
use monitoring.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe