1-2 second delay on all commands over network

От chameenz@yahoo.com (Matthew Cimino)
Тема 1-2 second delay on all commands over network
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I am coding a small Visual Basic app using ODBC and ADO to connect to
a Postgres 7.3 database running on a RedHat 9 server. The issue I am
having is a small delay of 1-2 seconds for every command I issue in
the application. 2 seconds to connect then 2 seconds to query...about
2 seconds with every command. The app has a few simple queries when it
starts but takes a solid 10 seconds to first open because of these
delays.

The server is already being using as a web server and the speeds on
the queries that PHP makes is great.