Re: BUG #17339: Assert failed on attempt to detach a sequence concurrently

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: BUG #17339: Assert failed on attempt to detach a sequence concurrently
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 20.12.21 13:38, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 06:00:02AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> CREATE SEQUENCE seq;
>> CREATE TABLE range_parted(a int) PARTITION BY RANGE(a);
>> ALTER TABLE range_parted DETACH PARTITION seq CONCURRENTLY;
>
> The same error happens additionally for views or materialized views.
> Looking at the code, I think that we should just apply
> ATSimplePermissions() on (ATT_TABLE | ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE) when
> executing the detach command to check for the supported relkinds.
> That would make the logic consistent with the attach code path that
> does the same check on the partition attached, while generating an
> error message already generic enough for this purpose.
>
> Attached is a patch, with some regression tests.

Is it possible for child tables in partitioned tables to have different
ownerships?  Then this change would introduce a new failure mode.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17339: Assert failed on attempt to detach a sequence concurrently
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17339: Assert failed on attempt to detach a sequence concurrently