Re: General question about OS

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: General question about OS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/9/19 4:45 PM, Drexl Spivey wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Don't want to start one of those endless internet tug of wars without end threads, but would like some other people's
opinions.

> First off, I use all Operating systems without problems, personally defaulting to linux at home, but mostly mac at
work.I use windows, when necessary, not my favorite.

> It seems in my little database development experience that this is one area where windows might actually offer the
best,most mature/developed choices. If this is the case, I should acclimate myself to it more.

> I have found many applications have been ported to other systems, but they don't seem as "good", and some programs
likePower Designer are windows only.

> Is database work heavily windows leaning??
> --

I use 100% linux.  vim, vim-dbext, subversion to exit/exec/store .sql files. psql for db administration.
Same tools can be used as easy on a close database as one thats very far away.

Some at my company prefer pgAdmin.  It works for them.  I use psql, it works for me.  Best thing is: they both work, so
youget the choice.

-Andy

От: Drexl Spivey
Сообщение: General question about OS
От: Tim Cross
Сообщение: Re: General question about OS