Re: horizontal sharding

От mobiledreamers@gmail.com
Тема Re: horizontal sharding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
GOals are to scale our game for 10000 simultaneous connection to db
right now db crashing at 500 or 1000 sim connections

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 8:07 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:32:15AM -0700, mobiledreamers@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey guys
> what is a good way to horizontal shard in postgresql

"Sharding" is not really a technical term, so it's not really possible
to answer this question meaningfully as posed.

What is it that you actually want to accomplish here exactly?  What
are your goals, and what are your priorities on those goals?  What
will you trade off to achieve them?

> 1. pgpool 2
> 2. gridsql
>
> which is a better way to use sharding
>
> also is it possible to paritition without changing client code

Almost certainly not.  This would be one of the trade-offs mentioned
above.

Cheers,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778  AIM: dfetter666  Yahoo!: dfetter
Skype: davidfetter      XMPP: david.fetter@gmail.com

Remember to vote!

Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com