Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?

От James Cassell
Тема Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019, at 12:32 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * James Cassell wrote:
> > Peer does not work with TCP connections, and I haven't figured how to get,e.g., third-party Java applications
workingwithout TCP.

> The entire point of peer was to segregate the very insecure 'ident' from
> the actually quite secure 'peer' auth, so, no, it's not going to work
> over TCP connections- that's more-or-less the point.

I fail to see how ident over TCP is insecure when used on the localhost address. Can you explain? Otherwise, is there a
wayto make peer authentication work with TCP connections?

V/r,
James Cassell

Сообщение: Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?
Сообщение: Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?