Re: BUG #15565: truncate bug with tables which have temp tableinherited

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: BUG #15565: truncate bug with tables which have temp tableinherited
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2018/12/25 9:45, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 09:17:46AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> create table public.a (id int);
>> create temp table a (like public.a) inherits(public.a);
>
> This issue is way older than 11.
>
> A couple of months ago there has been a discussion about mixing
> temporary and permanent tables in a partition tree:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f94Ojk0og9GMkRHGt8wHTW=ijq5KzJKuoBoqWLwSVwGmw@mail.gmail.com
>
> The conclusion of this time was that we don't want to allow mixing
> relations with different persistencies in the same tree for
> partitions because those rely on relation cache lookups for their
> description (PartitionDesc), however inheritance trees have been able
> to accidently work this way for a long time.  This shares a little bit
> of history with this report as partition trees and inheritance share
> the same lookups at pg_inherits.
>
> So there could be an argument to restrict the definition of
> inheritance trees with trees mixing relation persistencies.
>
> It is hard to say as well that truncate silently bypasses the
> truncation of a temporary relation from another session if a given
> session wants to truncate a whole tree.

Hmm, why don't we just ignore them like queries do?

Thanks,
Amit

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15552: Unexpected error in COPY to a foreign table in atransaction
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15552: Unexpected error in COPY to a foreign table in atransaction