Re: Patch for adding a new book. PostgreSQL: The First Experience

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Patch for adding a new book. PostgreSQL: The First Experience
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 8/21/20 3:30 PM, Pavel Luzanov wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Thank you very much for pushing changes.
>
> Below answers to your questions:
>
>> 1. Is there a paperback for the new version of the book? I couldn't seem
>> to find it, but I may be looking in the wrong place.
> You're right, the paperback version will be in print in a few weeks. I
> think we'll publish it, but if you think it is a mistake to be ahead of
> the schedule, let's remove the optimistic assumptions.

OK, that's fine.

>> 2. I don't know if we want to link directly to a PDF for the older
>> edition of the book. To date, we haven't directly linked to the PDFs for
>> other books. It would also indicate that to me that there isn't a
>> paperback version of that book, as the entry currently states.
>>

> As a proof that the previous version of the book was printed, I can
> refer to Bruce's post
> <https://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2020.html#July_8_2020>. Look at
> front and rear images links.

Thanks for the clarification. I do seem to recall there was a printed
copy of the book at some point, but it would be hard to determine that
if we are linking directly to the PDF ;)

> If you think that we should change something - let me know.
I think it's fine to link directly to the PDF, but given it'd be the
first time we're doing such a thing I want to see if anyone has any
objections.

If there are none by early next week, I'll add the URL.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: Re: Patch for adding a new book. PostgreSQL: The First Experience
От: "osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: domain name change of e-mail address