Re: Newby to DB

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Newby to DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 1, 2005, at 11:52 AM, Bob Pawley wrote:

> Dear Mr. DeSoi
>
> Thank you for responding.
>
> I originally installed it as a service. However, I wasn't able to make
> the connection to the server. (I am assuming the red X next to the
> server name means that it is off.)
>
> Thinking there might be a bug, I uninstalled and installed a slightly
> different version.
>
> With the second install, trying to set up a service, I got error
> messages that the server already existed. I again uninstalled and
> manually cleared all of the residual components I could find. It
> didn't help. The install still gives me errors when I attempt to make
> the program a service.
>
> Hence, the application option.

Ok, if you want to start manually, the relevant information is in the
first three sections of this chapter:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/runtime.html

If it still does not work for you, show the exact commands you are
typing and the error output. Also be sure to check the server log file
for hints on why the server is not starting.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL