Re: BUG #15285: Query used index over field with ICU collation in some cases wrongly return 0 rows

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: BUG #15285: Query used index over field with ICU collation in some cases wrongly return 0 rows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
    Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

> I really have no strong feeling right now about the best solution to adopt.
> However, I feel the least to do would be document it somewhere with a lot of
> strong emphasis.

Right now https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/collation.html
includes this example:

<quote>
CREATE COLLATION digitslast (provider = icu, locale = 'en-u-kr-latn-digit');
CREATE COLLATION digitslast (provider = icu, locale =
'en@colReorder=latn-digit');

    Sort digits after Latin letters. (The default is digits before letters.)
</quote>

Now that we know that this collation is problematic, we could remove
this example, even if we don't want to go as far as documenting
ICU bugs. In fact bug reports used the same name "digitslast", so
I wonder if people tried this straight from our doc.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
PostgreSQL-powered mailer: https://www.manitou-mail.org