Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?

От Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Тема Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   Tom> AFAIK, no commercial database does predicate locking either,

True ..
   Tom> so we all fall short of true serializability.  The usual   Tom> solution if you need the sort of behavior
you'retalking   Tom> about is to take a non-sharable write lock on the table you   Tom> want to modify, so that only
onetransaction can do the

Not really. If you have B+-tree indexes on the table you can get by
with key-value locking (as in ARIES/KVL) and achieve some of the
effects of predicate locking to get true serializability without
losing too much concurrency. While this falls short in the general
case, it turns out to be pretty acceptable normally (when indexes are
present).

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: pg_get_triggerdef pretty printing
От: "Merlin Moncure"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Threads vs Processes