Re: Help needed in testing my code.

От Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Тема Re: Help needed in testing my code.
Дата
Re: Help needed in testing my code.  (Alvaro Herrera Munoz <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
   Srikanth> Dear Sir I am new to postgres and dont know the excat   Srikanth> procedure of testing my code, okay i
willuse elog, but   Srikanth> please tell me the procedure of testing that.

Srikanth

As you're a big fan of stealing code, why don't you grep the source
for occurences of "elog(LOG" or "elog(NOTICE".

elog(NOTICE should send NOTICE messages to the psql client (I think !)
while elog(LOG while only send it to the logfile you might have
specified while starting the postmaster
   Srikanth> for example,pls tell what should i do after i add code,   Srikanth> what make files should i run and where
shouldi place   Srikanth> the new executables.

Well you sould start out by RTFM .. read how to build postgres. I run
"make install" in my postgres directory (right above src/).

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh

От: Srikanth M
Сообщение: Re: Help needed in testing my code.
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: EXECUTE INTO