Re: ORM, XPath, and pgxml_dom segfaulting

От John Gray
Тема Re: ORM, XPath, and pgxml_dom segfaulting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:07:00 +0000, Simen Brekken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently running 7.3.4 on Debian/testing, I've been trying to get
> pgxml_dom working but after doing some normal tests I find that it
> segfaults  the postmaster whenever it hits an error, is this because
> the contrib module isn't maintained beyond alpha stage or doesn't it
> simply handle anything but completely well-formed documents without
> entities etc? Are there any alternatives to this module?

There is a new version - which I hope to release within a few weeks.
In answer to your questions - one of the bugs with the old version
related to a memory leak when entities appeared. Also, although it
shouldn't segfault, all the XPath support assumes that your documents
are well-formed, so you'll just get NULL returned in many cases if the
documents aren't well-formed.

Regards

John