Re: Any real known bugs about wrong selects?

От Harry Jackson
Тема Re: Any real known bugs about wrong selects?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Teran wrote:

> The real question was: are there open known bugs where a select
> statement does not return a correct result, meaning a wrong number of
> rows? Were there a lot of errors like this?
> We are asking this because this makes trouble with the database we are
> currently using. Of course we know that there is no guarantee that pgsql
> works 100% bugfree but we are only asking for user experience.

An error of this nature in any database is a very serious problem and
you should really take it up with the vendor. If you can reproduce it I
am sure they would try and supply a patch as soon as feasibly possible.

I have seen databases return the wrong number of rows to queries loads
of times or at least that is what it appears to be. On further
investigation these apparent bugs turn out to be user errors in
complicated sql statements. To date I have never seen a database return
the anything other than what I have asked it for and Postgres is in this
list.