getTypeInfo() bug

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема getTypeInfo() bug
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I think there is a bug in the DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo() implementation
  (or at least in pg73jdbc3.jar)

 From the documentation of that method:

Retrieves a description of all the standard SQL types supported by this
database. They are ordered by DATA_TYPE and then by how closely the data
type maps to the corresponding JDBC SQL type.

My understanding of this is, that the first TYPE_NAME (column 1 from the
ResultSet) will match the DATA_TYPE best, the next one will second best etc.

Now for java.sql.Types.VARCHAR the first TYPE_NAME returned is 'name', the
next one is 'text'. The third match returned is 'varchar'.

I would expect the first match to be varchar and then text and name, as
varchar will match java.sql.Types.VARCHAR better then text or name.

Did I misunderstand the description of this method, or is this really a bug
in the JDBC driver?

Additionally, I also don't understand why table and view names are mapped
to java.sql.Types.OTHER?

Kind regards
Thomas