Re: Firebird and PostgreSQL at the DB Corral.

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Firebird and PostgreSQL at the DB Corral.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paul Ganainm schrieb:

>>FB does not support inline views/derived tables, e.g.:
>
>>SELECT count(*) FROM (SELECT col1, col2 FROM table)
>

> If you have IB/FB, there is a sample db that comes with it, Employee.
> There is a view in that db called phone_list.
>
> I did select count(*) from phone_list and it worked.

Sure you can do a select from a view, but try the above statement where the
view definition is "embedded" diretly into the SELECT. This is not
supported by FB 1.5 - though it will be with 2.0

I admit that it is not a very important feature, but I have come to like
it, and sometimes it comes in handy :-)

Regards
Thomas