Re: Column Sizes

От Brett Maton
Тема Re: Column Sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the answers guys,

  I ran a quick query lastnight select length(data) from pg_largeobject
where loid = xxxx  which prompted my post.

  The query returned 'n' rows of 2048 bytes and an incomplete "page" of say
236, as I wasn't really thinking about it that much I assumed for some
  reason that  the data column was limited to a maximum of 2048 bytes by the
database.  I was hoping to select this value (2048) from a query
  (like \d tablename describes the columns and sizes) to build a buffer
either a) large enough or b) sensibly proportioned.

  Although my question may not be relevant to this particular issue there
are times that I would like to now the size of a particular column, and I
believe
  that it's possible to get this value from the database using a query and
pg_catalog etc, just not sure how to achieve this.

Thanks again,

Brett