Re: PostgreSQL on Novell Netware 6.5.

От Eduardo D Piovesam
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Novell Netware 6.5.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> It's been quite a while ago that I did NetWare programming (3.11 NLM,
> communication protocol for a dbms), and that I had some contact with
> Netware (4.1), but if Novell didn't change the architecture completely
> (I doubt that) the native win32 port won't be of any help for

They've done the job. Forget all about 3.x / 4.x and even 5.x. No more CLib,
you have now LibC which is a POSIX like API.

AFAIK, they're finishing some usefull APIs, which'll make the port much more
"easy". The "only difference" will be the "threaded model" instead of
process based...

NW6.x already have Apache, bash, gcc, mysql, openssh, vnc, etc... thanks to
this "new architecture".

You can get the 7.2.4 on http://forge.novell.com

Eduardo