Re: 7.4beta4: make check broken?

От ljb
Тема Re: 7.4beta4: make check broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:
> ljb <ljb220@mindspring.com> writes:
>> I got the same error with beta1, but the symbol was "get_progname"
>> not "get_proname". Perhaps the above is a typo.
>
> "get_progname" would make sense, because that's a symbol defined in
> libpgport in 7.4 that did not exist in 7.3.  So if the dynamic linker
> was finding your 7.3 PG library directory instead of 7.4, you'd likely
> get this error.

Confirmed. Perhaps this should be looked into. On my system, "make check"
works fine if there is no existing PostgreSQL installation. But if there
is, we seem to prefer the existing installation's libraries over what
pg_regress sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to (the newly built software).  This means
that "make check" will either fail in createdb (if the existing install is
7.3, for example) or work but actually be testing the newly built programs
using the existing version's run-time libpq library.