Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation

От Ron
Тема Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/9/20 3:05 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 2:01 PM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
My suggestion is to add a "table of contents" at the top of non-trivial sections that simply lists available functions by name (generally ignoring argument variations) and a quick one line description of purpose.  Once a person finds the name of the function that suits their needs they can then reference the main table for details, warnings, and examples.

This is what TOCs are for, no?

Are you criticizing my over-explanation of the phrase "table of contents" here?

Why do you think that?

I'm agreeing this is why TOCs were invented.

Сообщение: Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation
Сообщение: Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation