Re: planning for perf farm app

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: planning for perf farm app
Дата
Re: planning for perf farm app  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-www
On 02/13/2018 10:58 PM, Mark Wong wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Mark!

> I've been making some progress on some perf farm stuff and I just wanted
> to make sure I understand how to best work with the pg infrastructure
> when (if) we get far along to deploy something.

good to hear that progress is made on that front!

> We're planning on having a django application for distributed clients to
> be able to upload results, and for users to review results.  Plus a
> supporting postgres database.  Similar to how the build farm is
> structured.

ok

> So I'm wondering things like, should we stick to a particular django or
> python version, proof things on a particular linux distro (debian
> stretch?) and what not.  And anything else we should be mindful of.
> Thanks!

Well the postgresql.org infrastructure is running debian stretch and all
our current django applications are on django 1.8.18 in a custom (but
internally packaged) virtualenv - we have not yet decided on what
version we will move to next (because 1.8 will be EoS'd in April) but it
will likely be an LTS version.

In general we very heavily rely on packaged software for maintainability
so I would advise to stay away from versions of software that are not
packaged in stretch (or debian in general) - for postgresql itself we
use apt.postgresql.org so any version that is available there should be
fine.

Also note that you application should be designed to not require any
root-user interaction because we usually do not hand out that kind of
privilege.

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: