SV: design partioning scheme for selecting from latest partition

От Niels Jespersen
Тема SV: design partioning scheme for selecting from latest partition
Дата
Список pgsql-general

likeoverkill, indexing 100 of milliomns of rows.

>Without an index, or some caching, you would need to scan partitions.
>Even if you can do something like that, without an index you will need a full scan, or do some trigger magic and keep
acache ( just keep versio, count(*) on a table and maintain it ). If your partitions are ordered, you can always keep
thelast one indexed, or if you know versions do not decrease, you may keep things cached. This seems to be the kind of
problemwhere the generic solution is hard but a little insider knowledge can accelerate it a lot.

>Regards.
>   Francisco Olarte.

Thank you Francisco

I think I will revisit the whole design. Better do it right.

Niels

От: Kenneth Marshall
Сообщение: Re: Binary encoding of timetz type
От: Андрей Сычёв
Сообщение: No enough privileges for autovacuum worker