RE: How to keep format of views source code as entered?

От Markhof, Ingolf
Тема RE: How to keep format of views source code as entered?
Дата
Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?  (Jeremy Smith <jeremy@musicsmith.net>)
Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?  (Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>)
Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?  (raf <raf@raf.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom, all,

when I change a tables column name in Oracle SQL , SQLdeveloper (a SQL client) marks views that refer to the table
usingthe old column name as erroneous. So, I can easily identify these cases. And of course I, as a user, I am acting
inmy context, i.e. my schema. So it is perfectly clear what table I am referring to.

Please note: I am not developing any PL/SQL code. I don't have big development projects. I have more the role of an
dataanalyst. I just create rather complex SQL queries which, from time to time, may need to be adopted to some new
requirements.Or peers want to (re-) use (part of) my SQL queries. There is not really much versioning required.

What I understood so far is: I can use e.g. DBeaver to interact with PostgreSQL, to develop my SQL code. But I finally
needto copy the SQL code into e.g. Github. Which is a manual process. I'd mark the SQL code in the DBeaver editor
windowand copy&paste it into some file in e.g. GitHub. Using Github, I'd get version control and other enhanced
collaborationfeatures which I don't really need. At the price that code transfer from SQL (DBeaver) to the code
repositoryand vice versa is complete manually?! This doesn't really look like an enhancement.

Most likely, there are more professional ways to do that. I'd be glad to get advice.

What I would like to have is something that would automatically update the SQL code in the software repository when I
runa CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW.

Ingolf

Verizon Deutschland GmbH - Sebrathweg 20, 44149 Dortmund, Germany - Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 14952 - Geschäftsführer:
DetlefEppig - Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Francesco de Maio

Сообщение: Select a column and then apply JSONB_ARRAY_ELEMENTS to it
Сообщение: Select a column and then apply JSONB_ARRAY_ELEMENTS to it