Re: How can I list the function.

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: How can I list the function.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That actually depends on the nature of function as well. According to the PostgreSQL manual:
\df [ pattern ]
\df+ [ pattern ]

Lists available functions, together with their argument and return types. If pattern is specified, only functions whose names match the pattern are shown. If the form \df+ is used, additional information about each function, including language and description, is shown.

Note: To look up functions taking argument or returning values of a specific type, use your pager's search capability to scroll through the \df output.

To reduce clutter, \df does not show data type I/O functions. This is implemented by ignoring functions that accept or return type cstring .

I just tried the following at my end with 8.2:

CREATE FUNCTION add(integer, integer) RETURNS integer
    AS 'select $1 + $2;'
    LANGUAGE SQL
    IMMUTABLE
    RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT;

and then doing a

\df+ add

did show me the correct output...

You can also try the following to get the same type of results:

select proargtypes, prorettype, prosrc from pg_proc where proname = 'delete_old';

---
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com )