Re: Performance with very large tables

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: Performance with very large tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oh yes, need to have a condition first for which you have partitioned tables. Only in that case it will work with partitions.

---------------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com )

On 1/15/07, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
Shoaib Mir wrote:
> You can also opt for partitioning the tables and this way select will only
> get the data from the required partition.

Not in the case of SELECT * FROM <table> though. Unless you access the
specific partitioned table.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Performance with very large tables
Сообщение: Re: Performance with very large tables