Re: psql "SCHEMA" switch

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: psql "SCHEMA" switch
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In your SQL script file you can add at the start something like this:

set search_path = contrib

and that should take care of it without this change in psql.

--------------------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB ( www.enterprisedb.com)

On 12/23/06, Paul Silveira <plabrh1@gmail.com > wrote:

I was trying to run a psql script today against a database today.  This
script was schema agnostic.  (There were table creations and function
creations but none of them contained the specific schema to create them
in...)

I wanted to connect to a DB and then insert that new DDL into a "specific"
schema.  Because psql does not have a schema switch, I had to do it this
way...

sed -e '1i\\n SET search_path to contrib;\n' <
/usr/local/pgsql-8.2.0/share/contrib/tsearch2.sql | psql -dtemplate1 -p5433
-Upostgres

I would have liked to do it this way...
psql -dtemplate1 -p5433 -Upostgres -Xcontrib (I put an X there because "S"
was already taken.  It could be any letter...)

Anyone else agree?

-Paul