Re: postmaster.exe removed in 8.2

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: postmaster.exe removed in 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Use 'pg_ctl.exe --version' for your C++ procedure instead of postmaster.exe as it is no more a part of bin folder.

--------------------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com )

On 12/12/06, jcvdm@webmail.co.za <jcvdm@webmail.co.za> wrote:
Hi All,

Applies: Windows and 8.2

I wrote a little c++ procedure to verify whether a current installation is
present on a machine. I tested for the version of postmaster.exe in the
bin directory under the base dir. The problem is that 8.2 does not have a
postmaster.exe in the bin directory on my machine. A problem with my
installation or a change from 8.1 to 8.2 ?

Regards

Joe

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend