Re: PostgreSQL back end to Excel ap

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: PostgreSQL back end to Excel ap
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
For ADO using VBScript you can use it like this:

dim conn, rst, cmd

set conn = server.createobject("ADOdb.connection")

conn.open "Data Source=testing;location=192.168.0.2;UserID=username;password=password;"

Set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")

cmd.ActiveConnection = conn

cmd.CommandText = "select empno from emp"

set rst = server.createobject("ADOdb.recordset")

Set rst= cmd.Execute

do until rst.eof

<<data processing code goes here>>

loop

rst.Close
conn.Close

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Shoaib

On 12/7/06, Glenn Davy <glenn@tangelosoftware.net> wrote:
Hi Kelly - sorry to hijack your thread, but I have to know...
when you say:
> ADO (have used this with Access)

how did you do this? If you can tell me how you did this in access with
ADO (which ive never been able to do) Im pretty sure I can adopt the
approach to excel?

thanks
Glenn

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq