Re: Help required

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: Help required
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Run the following

pg_ctl -D <data folder path> status

to see if you have the db server running or not?

As these seems to me you dont have the database server running on port 5432.

Thanks,
---
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

On 10/3/06, Ravindran Vijaykumar R-AVR025 < vijay.ravindran@motorola.com> wrote:

Hi Friends,

I am using postgres 7.4.2 in Ubuntu linux...

when I run psql -l command, it says the following error....

postgres@host:~$ psql -l
psqll: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I have the backup database in the home folder, please update me, how should i make the database up...

rgds
vijay